A snapshot of Anchor Ministries 2018
Here is the latest chapter in the story that God is writing ...
January 16, 2019
- Baptisms: Joe Pacheco, Durval Pacheco, Kim Paiva, David Dextrase.
- Weekly Bible Studies led by Sally (average 6-8 people per study)
- Lunches: Approximately 1,500 meals served since we began serving lunch in June 2017
- Teaching Classes: The Core, How to Read the Bible, Being a church for the Grieving with Pastor Nate
- Hosted IF:Gathering Women's Conference @ Anchor Church - approximately 30 women gathered and equipped to disciple others
- Meet one-on-one with those we serve, help connect to resources
- Built relationships with other churches, including those in the 4C's @ Annual Gathering at Gordon College.
- Partnered with East Freetown Congregational Church to provide meals one Saturday per month @ Anchor
- Began offering free haircuts to those we serve (once a month).
- Collaborated with law enforcement to assist with rescue of one more woman from labor trafficking case (total of 2 rescued)
- Continue to advocate for and follow up with survivors regularly
- Continue to build relationships with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies
- Regular street outreach: about 160 bags distributed through street outreach and Anchor events
- Co-sponsored Anti-Trafficking Awareness Event at UMASS School of Law with the ERASE Coalition in January (200 in attendance)
- Began Monthly Prayer and Worship Nights
- Beginning to plan for safe homes for victims of trafficking and exploitation
- Built relationships with others outside of the church who are passionate about anti-trafficking work (making disciples)